Tuesday, July 13, 2010

SCD is causing me to gain too much weight!!!

Today, I realized that I've gained about 15 pounds in the last year. I think it's because my intestines had finally healed enough to start absorbing again. At 5' 4", I weighed 140.4 when I got up this morning. This is not a bad weight for my height and build but I can't fit in any of my clothes and I'm very untoned. Last night I went to a Yoga class and today I'm going to find a Karate class to for my daughter and I. I am very out of shape and want to tone up.

Breakfast this morning was 1 egg,  1/2 TBS butter, and 1/2 an apple. I made an eggplant and squash bake last night which will be lunch and snacks today. In 2006, I started something called the Six Week Body Makeover Diet. This was before SCD. I ate 5 - 6 meals a day that included 3 - 4 ounces of protein, 1/2 cup carbs, and as many green veggies as I wanted. I lost 30 pounds in about 6 months. I'm going to try to start doing something along those lines, but I don't have any protein with me today so today will just be veggies.

How much I weigh really isn't an issue. How my clothes fit and how I look in them is. So, today starts my journey to get fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment