Thursday, August 26, 2010

Banana Pancakes

Everyone has a favorite banana pancake recipe. I made these this morning and they were absolutely great. To my delight, my 8-year old daughter, loved them too. She doesn't follow SCD though I have a hard time keeping my food away from her.

Banana - Coconut Pancakes

1/2 of a very ripe banana
1/2 cup dried shredded coconut
1 Egg
The next ingredients are approximations as I just dumped it all in the blender.
1 TBS honey (optional)
2 TBS coconut oil
1/4 TSP salt
1/2 TSP baking powder
1 TSP vanilla

Heat a large non stick skillet over medium low heat. (I didn't add oil since I put oil in the batter.)
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until thick and smooth.
Try not to eat all the batter. =D
This will make 4 - 5 pancakes.
You can add butter or additional coconut oil to skillet if you want more of a "fried" texture.
Use a spoon to get the batter out of the blender and put in the skillet unless you want to remove it from the blender to a bowl.
Gently cook the pancakes on the lower heat so they won't burn and will cook completely.
Flipping them will be the hardest part.
Once the underneath side is golden, flip them and cook the other side until golden.
Remove and eat immediately. I didn't put anything on them.

They were moist and a tiny bit chewy from the shredded coconut.

No comments:

Post a Comment